Realize That We Are All Sinners Against A Holy God
- We all have sinned and broken God’s Holy Law (The Ten Commandments). No person, other than Christ Jesus, has ever kept the commandments perfectly. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23 KJV)
- God is Perfectly Holy. God has an immense Holy Hatred for sin. God who never changes must be true to His own character. He is perfectly Holy and perfectly just. He must punish us because of our sin debt against God. God is so Holy that a person who commits even just ONE SIN is condemned to the punishment for sinning which is eternal death in a place called Hell and the Lake Of Fire (which was not prepared for humankind but for Satan and His fallen Angels). Eternal punishment, separated from the love of God. God never changes and He must be true to His eternal characters of PERFECT Holiness and PERFECT Justice.
- God is Perfectly Loving and Perfectly Merciful. God hates the sin but He loves the person. So much so that He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus The Christ, born through the Virgin Mary. Because he was conceived of the Holy Spirit of God Jesus was not born into sin from conception.“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:9 KJV)
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, never sinned during his Earthy life, though was tempted by the Satan many times. He died on the cross willingly to redeem us from our sins. When Jesus died there was a great Earth quake and many graves were opened and many were raised from the dead at that time.“And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.” (Matthew 27:52-54 KJV)
On the third day, as He previously had told the disciples (Matthew 16:21), He rose again. After rising from the dead He remained on Earth for 40 days and was witnessed by many. The risen Christ was even seen by 500 people at the same time (1 Corinthians 15:6) as to leave no doubt that He rose again from the dead.
- God is a Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). Jesus is the Son who is equally God in human form. He came to save us by taking upon Himself the punishment for OUR sins. God is perfectly Holy and must judge the sinner yet God loves us more than we can ever imagine. God placed our deserved punishment for our sins toward Jesus Christ (God in the flesh) on the cross. God Himself took the punishment for our sins through the shedding of His blood. Jesus is the Creator and Lord and Savior of ‘whosoever’ will accept God’s free gift of eternal life by faith in the atonement for sins provided by Christ on the cross.
- A person who asks Jesus to forgive them and accepts Christ forgiveness and atonement at the cross becomes a new creation – a saved Christian who is heaven bound with God for all of eternity.“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV)
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:8-13 KJV)
- At death, or at the rapture of believers, believers will enter the soon to come 1000 year kingdom of God on Earth and will live forever WITH GOD in the New Heavens and the New Earth to come.
- God loves you and longs for you to turn to Him and have your sins removed forever. God will not force you though, He did not create you as a robot. He gives you the CHOICE to ask His forgiveness. A FREE gift to be received from God that you do not have to earn or do good works to receive. Eternal life is free for the taking and Jesus paid our punishment for our debt if sins against God. Go no longer remembers the sins of the believer in Christ.
“For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.” (Hebrews 8:12 KJV)
- Read more about Knowing The True God Of The Universe